Making your home comfortable has many factors. Soft cozy furniture, plush rugs, and throw blankets are all ways to stay relaxed around the house. One important factor in staying as comfortable as possible is temperature. These are the best ways to maintain a climate in your home.
- In sunny areas, invest in tinted windows. Aside from reducing the greenhouse effect and controlling temperature, this method has plenty of other benefits. Window tinting can block harmful UV rays, reduce glare, and provide you with some privacy. They also look great and are enhance your home’s appearance.
- Invest in a strong HVAC system. Make sure you purchase a new unit if your current one is 8 years old. Have regular inspections and ask the repair man for recommendations. For instance, depending on the area where you live, you could benefit from a propane or hybrid heater. An expert will be able to tell you which one will be the most effective and energy efficient in your climate. Visit http://www.staffordheatingandair.com for some great information on picking HVAC systems.
- Make sure your windows are doing their job. If you feel heat or cool air coming through your window or around the edges, there are a couple of solutions. First of all, you could get some replacement windows. Make sure they are custom fit for energy efficient results. You could also get double glazing- which means having 2 glass panels instead of one for twice the temperature control.
- Add to the efficiency of your windows with thermal curtains. Closing these around your window during cold nights can help maintain the temperature in different rooms.
- In the winter time, a simple draft stopper under your door could do wonders. There is typically a gap between the bottom of your door and the floor so it swings open and shut easily. A stopper will seal this area and prevent cold air from coming through.
There are plenty of ways to keep your house a good temperature in the winter or summer months. If you decide to implement each of these changes, you should see lower electric bills and feel better in your home within a month or so.